Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) was launched to empower a bank customer to use Aadhaar as his/her identity to access their Aadhaar enabled bank account. Using AEPS the bank account holder can perform basic banking transactions like cash deposit, cash withdrawal, Intrabank or interbank fund transfer, balance enquiry and obtain a mini statement, etc.
You need to seed your account with your Aadhaar number at the bank or with the help of banking correspondent to do transactions using AEPS. AEPS allows bank-to-bank transaction at PoS (MicroATM).
The user can perform the following using AEPS:
- Account balance check
- Aadhar to Aadhar fund transfer
- Cash withdrawal
- Cash deposit
- Purchase at fair price shops with AEPS Benefits Benefits
Aadhaar Enabled Payment System is a way to get money from the bank account, and it has the following merits:
- The account holder can do the financial and non-financial transaction through the banking correspondent.
- A banking correspondent of any bank can do the specified transaction of any bank.
- You don’t need to have the signature or debit card.
- It is secured because no one else can forge your fingerprint.
- Banking correspondent can reach to the distant rural place with the micro POS.
Key steps for AEPS transaction
- Walk into a micro-ATM or the banking correspondent.
- Provide your bank name and Aadhaar card number.
- Choose which transaction you need to do and complete the transaction.
- On successful transaction, you will get a print slip.
- Provide the fingerprint on the scanner